A space where a man can give himself one hour to clear his thoughts, reboot and wipe the slate clean .
Meeting monthly, this group will explore different styles and techniques of meditation.
The goal is simple: learn to sit, breathe and allow your heart to take control of you.
Last Thursday of every month, 7 -8pm, at The Chamomile Clinic.
Book your spot
Benifits of Meditation
It Makes You WISE
It gives you perspective: By observing your mind, you realise you don’t have to be slave to it. You realise it throws tantrums, gets grumpy, jealous, happy and sad but that it doesn’t have to run you.
Meditation is quite simply mental hygiene: clear out the junk, tune your talents, and get in touch with yourself. Think about it, you shower every day and clean your body, but have you ever showered your mind? As a consequence, you’ll feel more clear and see thing with greater perspective. “The quality of our life depends on the quality of our mind,” writes Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. We can’t control what happens on the outside but we do have a say over the quality of our mind. No matter what’s going on, if your mind is ok, everything is ok. Right now.
But what else can it do?!
(see here for all references)
It Boosts Your HEALTH
- Increases immune function
- Decreases Pain
- Decreases Inflammation at the Cellular Level
It Changes Your BRAIN (for the better)
- Increases grey matter
- Increases volume in areas related to emotion regulation, positive emotions & self-control
- Increases cortical thickness in areas related to paying attention
It Boosts Your HAPPINESS
- Increases Positive Emotion
- Decreases Depression
- Decreases Anxiety
- Decreases Stress
It Improves Your PRODUCTIVITY
- Increases your focus & attention
- Improves your ability to multitask
- Improves your memory
- Improves your ability to be creative & think outside the box
It Boosts Your SELF CONTROL
- Improves your ability to regulate your emotions
- Improves your ability to introspect
It Boosts Your SOCIAL LIFE
- Increases social connection & emotional intelligence
- Makes you more compassionate
- Makes you feel less lonely